Note: Sample below may appear distorted but all corresponding word document files contain proper formattingExcerpt from Research Paper:
Interlocked doors which should be monitored at the courthouse's controlled center should be used to monitor and secure all points of entry and exit through this perimeter.
4. In order to meet the current design standards for short-term detention areas, all ceiling systems, floors, walls, and so on should be designed to reflect this standard.
Interface Zone Security
The meeting place for the attorneys, judges, court staff, jurors, the public and those in custody, is the courtroom, otherwise known as the interface zone. Thorough staff training, sound operational procedures, and proper designs are some of the strategies for securing the courtroom. Other measures for securing the interface zone (that is, the courtroom) include:
1. Provision of appropriate separation and unobstructed view between the public, witnesses, parties, and the judge;
2. The distance between the defendants and other courtroom participants should be appropriate;
3. Provision of bullet-resistant liners within the witness box and the courtroom millwork personnel stations;
4. Both the judge's bench and the clerk's desk should be equipped with duress alarms.
5. All moveable furniture, especially those that can be easily grasped or lifted, should be fixed to the floor of the courtroom.
The "building envelop"(which consists of windows, doors, exterior walls, other openings, including the roof, and so on) is the main component of a free-standing courthouse such as the Baltimore County Courthouse. When designing the security perimeter of this courthouse, it is necessary to include devices that will not only restrict and delay unauthorized access but also to include more devices that will promptly notify security personnel whenever unauthorized entry is attempted. Other important security measures necessary for ensuring effective perimeter include:
1. Intrusion detection systems equipped with central monitoring capabilities should be installed in the doors and windows of the courthouse;
2. To protect the judges, court staff and the prisoners in the event of emergency, places of refuge where they can gather during such events should be included in the courthouse. While they are taking refuge in such places, the security personnel can then decide if evacuation of the building is required;
3. A clearly visible and identifiable security post should be integrated in the courthouse perimeter design;
4. "Off-limit" signs should be posted to the building support spaces (which include electrical, mechanical rooms, and other storage and support areas). Since mischievous people can use such areas to hide contrabands or weapons, they should be kept closed and locked using door closers and automatic locks;
5. To ensure a safe storage of exhibits, evidence, and other dangerous or valuable items, fire and burglar-resistant vaults or safes should be installed in the facility. For the storage of funds collected at child support, fine-payment areas, and other areas, a separate burglar-resistant safe should be provided.
Without a capable and well-trained security staff, procedures, equipments, and architectural security measures provided to ensure courthouse security will be meaningless. As such, the court security personnel should be appropriately trained to equip them with the capability to perform both routine and non-routine duties efficiently.
Evacuation and Other Response Procedure
1. In the event of an emergency such as bomb threats or explosion, fire alarm, a hostage situation, and so on, it is mandatory to evacuate the building completely;
2. Evacuation alarms should be provided in the building;
3. Evacuation routes, which should be as close to the nearest safe stairwell as possible, should be provided at each floor of the building;
4. Signs showing the evacuation routes, should be posted on each floor of the building;
5. During an emergency evacuation, occupants should not be allowed to use the elevator;
6. To avoid the possibility of the handicapped individual being injured, all evacuation exercise should begin with those person who do not require physical assistance.
In this document I have presented a security plan for the Baltimore County Courthouse. By implementing the contents of this plan, a safe and secure environment will be provided not only for the judges and the court staff, but also to those awaiting trial, the jurors, and the general public. In this way, the integrity of the court processes and proceedings will be protected.
Hardenbergh, Gabriel et al., The Courthouse: Planning and Design Guidelines, (Williamsburg, VA: National Center for State Courts, 2001).
"Drafting A Security Plan A" (2011, May 23) Retrieved October 21, 2016, from http://www.paperdue.com/essay/drafting-a-security-plan-44945
"Drafting A Security Plan A" 23 May 2011. Web.21 October. 2016. <http://www.paperdue.com/essay/drafting-a-security-plan-44945>
"Drafting A Security Plan A", 23 May 2011, Accessed.21 October. 2016, http://www.paperdue.com/essay/drafting-a-security-plan-44945
Securities Regulation SECURITIES REGULARIZATIONS IN NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS The ensuring of the fact that an organization is working as per regulations and is following the code of conduct, while keeping the interest of the public first, are matters which are becoming more and more complicated with the passage of time. Therefore, it can be said with some emphasis, that today one of the most basic issues of many organizations is the issue of
Social Media as a Potential Tool in Conflict Resolution: A Facebook Perspective Humans are social animals, and will usually dwell together in communities, based on their beliefs, resources, preferences, needs, risks, and a number of other conditions which may be present and common, affecting the identity of the participants and their degree of cohesiveness. Community In sociology the word community is often used to refer to a group that is organized around common
1.7. Key definitions of terms Research process = a sustained effort concentrated around a topic or subject of study aimed at generating new findings, and characterized by identification and labeling of variables, research design, collection of data, analysis of data and evaluation of the problem (Shinde). Qualitative research = Research method through which researchers address the studied phenomenon by observing it in its natural environment and strive to make sense of it
Competitor products and their equivalent prizes, this is so that after establishing our break-even analysis it can act as a guiding line to set the best price. (Tao 2008) The survey should enable one establish the best marketing strategies and anticipate any future contingencies. Entrepreneurship development services This service will target individuals who wish to start business on their own or in a group it will mainly involve Training on how to originate
Computer IT Security Implementation Provide a summary of the actual development of your project. Because small corporations have to work under conditions of conflicting information technology in many instances, the requirement of maintaining these systems details entails far too many time-consuming processes that have to be carried out. This allows for the business to work in a logical order and promotes a more logical approach to the making of business decisions. The end
Egypt hopes to gain economic and political momentum for itself and the region through ongoing partnership with the EU and Mediterranean cooperation within the Barcelona Process. The Association Agreement between the EU and Egypt is expected to enter into force soon. It has already been ratified by the majority of the EU member states (also including Germany) and the section on trade relations has already come into provisional effect, and
Harold Kirk, Board Member - Feels that they do not have the money to hire ServiceMaster, strongly opposed to hiring of outside contractors. Feels threatened by outside contractors, may have relatives who he has done favors for that may lose their job. Harold may have the ability to influence the rest of the board and sway their opinion through his strong opposition. Other board members - Must decide whether hiring ServiceMaster