Decision Of Uncertainty Internet Has Research Paper

PAGES
3
WORDS
842
Cite

Bayes Theorem

"In its simplest algebraic form, Bayes' theorem is concerned with determining the conditional probability of event A given that event B. has occurred." (Kazmier, Staton & Fulks, 2003; p. 43). In this case, the event A is the increase in sales through the e-commerce site while event B. is the implementing of the decision to create a site. The probability for the sales to increase, according to the marketing team data analysis, is 54.2% and the probability for the site to be created is 58.6%. So, the probability for event B. To not happen is 41.4% and the possibility for sales to improve without the e-commerce site is 45.8%.

The general form of Bayes theorem is:

P (A

B) = P (A and B)/P (B).

P (A1B1)= P (A1 and B1 ) / P (B1 ) and P (A2B2) = P (A2 and B2) / P (B2).

When substituted, P (A1B1) is 0.5477 while P (A2B2) is 0.4523.

Based on this formula, the overall probability that the company will make good profits from the e-commerce site is 54.77% while the probability that the company will make profits without the e-commerce site is 45.23%. Using Bayes Theorem, the uncertainty was eliminated and the management has a good idea of the probability of making profits with or without the site. There is more than...

...

This was exactly what the company was looking and it made its decision easy.
Therefore, the management of the company decided to go ahead with the e-commerce site because it believed that the cost of creating the site will be offset over a period of five years and the running costs will be less than the increase in sales. Also, the company's management felt that using Internet was the way forward and this 55% probability can go up even higher in future. The Managing Director of the company felt that the business could expand its operations and cater to customers living in different geographical region across different timezones through an e-commerce site. Due to these reasons and the high probability to increase its sales led the company to make the right decision which is going for the e-commerce site.

References

Kazmier, Leonard. J; Staton, Michael.K; Fulks, Daniel.L.(2003). Business Statistics. Publication:London, McGraw-Hill.

Lind, Douglas, A; Mason, Robert. D; Gupta, Satya Dev. (2004). Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics. Publication: New York, McGraw-Hill.

Lind, Douglas. A;Marchal, William. G; Wathen, Samuel Adam. (2006). Basic Statistics for Business…

Sources Used in Documents:

References

Kazmier, Leonard. J; Staton, Michael.K; Fulks, Daniel.L.(2003). Business Statistics. Publication:London, McGraw-Hill.

Lind, Douglas, A; Mason, Robert. D; Gupta, Satya Dev. (2004). Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics. Publication: New York, McGraw-Hill.

Lind, Douglas. A;Marchal, William. G; Wathen, Samuel Adam. (2006). Basic Statistics for Business and Economics. Publication: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.


Cite this Document:

"Decision Of Uncertainty Internet Has" (2010, August 03) Retrieved July 25, 2024, from
https://www.paperdue.com/essay/decision-of-uncertainty-internet-has-9268

"Decision Of Uncertainty Internet Has" 03 August 2010. Web.25 July. 2024. <
https://www.paperdue.com/essay/decision-of-uncertainty-internet-has-9268>

"Decision Of Uncertainty Internet Has", 03 August 2010, Accessed.25 July. 2024,
https://www.paperdue.com/essay/decision-of-uncertainty-internet-has-9268

Related Documents

The consequence of which is the increased decline in the cycle time for the inventory replenishment cycle. In such manner the Internet turns to become the real time solution for perpetual demand and replenishment. While the customer orders for a new product through the Internet, another set of raw materials will be replenished throughout the supply chain. The lead time moves from the serial product flow to instantaneous information

Administrative model is defined as "a decision-making model that describes how managers actually make decisions in situations characterized by nonprogrammed decisions, uncertainty, and ambiguity" (Daft 1999, p. 284). This approach to decision-making recognizes that not all decisions are able to be considered and judged based on quantitative methods. While it may be preferred that decisions be made by a process where the outcomes are known and can be compared, it

Internet Security, risks internet security presents field information technology implementing solutions address challenges. The paper 15 pages length ( including title reference page). 1. Title Page: Include, paper title, title, instructor's, date. Internet security In today's advanced technological world, online users are faced with a myriad of problems and risks. Any online user is vulnerable to Trojans, viruses, worms, spyware, and malware. The user is exposed to sniffers, spoofing software, and phishing.

Decisions in Paradise The many infrastructure and culturally-based challenges that Nik, his team and Mr. Morales face illustrate how challenging new business development can be in an island nation the size and location of Kava. What is immediately apparent from the case is that there is ample opportunity to enrich the island's economy and people while also building a strong, scalable business at the same time. Today however the island nation

' Purchasing agents can place orders, gather information, and communicate with different organizations from any place at any time" (Martin & Hafer, p. 41). Following the introduction of the Internet, many purchasing departments and purchasing representatives were better able to engage in direct communications, order taking and fulfillment as well as the provision of technical support with their business counterparts abroad (Martin & Hafer, 2002). These authors add that, "The

Decision Sciences
PAGES 4 WORDS 1403

Decision Sciences Decision-making is an important activity for top management in any enterprise. Strategic thinking is required for making useful decisions. For example, business executives plan strategies to access market share, to deal with employees, to react to competition and to decide on career growth. Decision Sciences is a discipline on its own that provides techniques and methods to take decisions in any practical situations. In this paper, a list of