The company has to minimize the operational and unnecessary cost by efficiently complying and contemplating on the stance of cost effectiveness. The company has to allocate its funds somewhere, where it has surety that it will return worthy.
The first three years are very important for the sake of the organization, which can be visualize by the graph increasing year by year (YOY) depicting a positive sign for the long run of the organization.
3) the last strategy is to increase the market value of the company's share. The company has to maintain its incredible growth while enhancing the sales turnover and gross margin which will certainly leave a positive effect on the market value of shares.
Customer Value Perspective
You always listen that customer is always right and without customer there will be no business. The statement is quite true indeed as any thing you manufacture, or any service you wish to render will be ultimately got by the customers.
In my personal view, customer value perspective is the most important perspective for the organization to work on in order to enhance the productivity and efficiency of the organization. Customer value includes the customer retention, customer turnover and customer satisfaction. Likewise the financial value perspective, we have also jotted down three strategies to increase the customer base of Big Dogs are mentioned below,
1) Customers always get satisfied with the quality of the product or service received. In order to enhance the customer base the organization has to establish the customer service department which continuously search customers for the feedbacks. Feedbacks are very important for newly established company.
2) Have you ever thought that, what induce a customer to buy your company's product although he has hundreds of alternatives available in the market? The quality of the product along with its price association is the most important thing in front of a customer. So, as a newly-based company the company has to emphasize on the level of material used in making the end product and must ensure the customers that the product is cheaper then the other products available in the market.
3) Keep informing the customers regarding any promotion or product development. This thing not increases the customer satisfaction but also increase the demand of your product.
Internal Operation Perspective
It's a common saying that if you really want to strengthen your company's overall operations then you have to strengthen your internal environment first and rest will strengthen automatically. Organizations use different strategies to enhance its internal operations and these things are very important to increase the efficiency as well as the production of the organization in the long run. The strategies to enhance the internal operation of the company are mentioned below,
1) Cost effectiveness is the main focus of every organization, so in order to be competitive and efficient our newly established company has to adopt the cost effective strategies. It only has to undertake only those projects which are available at lowest possible cost because of low financial capital at the start of the business.
2) the company has to allocate sufficient funds to back and strengthen the productivity of its research and development (R&D) department because of the continuous product development.
3) the company has to keep a hawk eye over the strategies of its major competitor and should learn some lesson from them.
Learning & Growth Perspective
This particular perspective is also very important as far as an organization is concerned. It includes employee satisfaction, employee retention and training & development of the organization. The strategies associated with this particular perspective are mentioned below,
1) the company has to make its hiring process transparent in order to get the best talent of the country.
2) Training and development of the employees is very important, so in order to have an added advantage all the sufficient knowledge regarding the company as well as regarding the company's products should be implanted in the brain of the employees through proper training.
3) Additional perks should be offer to the best performing employees to make them satisfied.
Balance Score Card Basics, retrieved from, http://www.balancedscorecard.org/BSCResources/AbouttheBalancedScorecard/tabid/55/Default.aspx, Accessed on 30-Jan-2011
Balance Score Card, retrieved from, http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/management/a-Bud/Balanced-Scorecard.html, Accessed on 30th-Jan-2011
Perspectives of Balance Score Card, retrieved from, http://tutor2u.net/business/strategy/balanced-scorecard-perspectives.html, Accessed on 30th-Jan-2011
Examples of Companies using the Balanced Scorecard, retrieved from, http://www.organizedchange.com/examplesofcompaniesusingthebalancedscorecard.htm, Accessed on 31st-Jan-2011
Roland Beer Company
Score Card Performances
Customer Value Perspective
Process or Internal Operations Perspective
Learning and Growth Perspective
Creation of customer creation turnovers for assessment
Creating avenues where customers are able to meet their places of need
Assessment and increment of the customer values
Measuring performance processes
Improving on productivity of clients
Performance of assessments on metric operations
Satisfying various needs of employees
Retaining large numbers of employees for increased performance
Maximizing organization in order to foster increased performance
Creation of an organizational culture
Strategic Planning Management Health Systems
Two financial metrics that can be used to understand an organization's financial capabilities for strategic initiatives are the ROI metrics and ROA? The ROI metrics address two measures which are resource investments and financial returns (Bloom, 2010). ROI metrics contribute innovation management financial discipline and aid in protect and recognizing the worth of strategic initiatives, programs and the whole investment in modernization. Companies with extremely effective
Harley Davidson External Business Environment
Strategic Business Plan Outline
The Analysis of H-D's External Environment
The industry external environment compounds an array of comprehensive forces that relate to the organization. External environment analysis of an industry facilitates an understanding of an organization position comparative to other organizations in the same industry (Worthington & Britton, 2006). An awareness of the external forces working across the industry players plays a handy role in organizations strategic
Strategic Information Systems'?
A strategic information system is a system that enables an organisation to alter the structure of its business strategy so that it can achieve a competitive advantage over others. This system also helps organisations in fastening the time it takes to react and adapt to several environmental changes that take place and makes the overall business structure more efficient. Within a strategic information system there exists a
RATIONALE for the ELEMENTS
The rationale for the elements stated within the mission, vision and values statement is that through educating and assisting patients in signing up for and choosing their provider under the Medicare Advantage plan that the patients will be enabled to receive the best possible benefits for their individual health maintenance needs.
E. PROPOSED STRATEGIC GOALS
Strategic goals of this program includes those as follows:
1) Enrollment of all patients