Note: Sample below may appear distorted but all corresponding word document files contain proper formattingExcerpt from Term Paper:
It is caused be the chemical imbalances in the brain and for such illnesses conventional medicines should only be used rather than Hypnosis. The symptoms for schizophrenia include delusions, hallucinations, disorganized behavior and speech (Jeff Gazley). Hypnosis with people diagnosed with schizophrenia can cause severe disruptions and would do more harm than any good.
The effectiveness of Hypnosis was explored in the case of the reduction of pain in osteoarthritis. Patients were involved who were experiencing this pain in either the knee of the hip area. The patients were divided into three groups and each group underwent three options. The first group was put through eight standardized sessions of hypnosis whereas the second group was given the same number of sessions of Jacobson relaxation. The third group served to be a control. After the completion of the sessions, it was observed that the group of patients, who had undergone hypnosis and relaxation sessions, experienced a much lower level of pain as compared to the control group. Comparing the two groups who received hypnosis and relaxation sessions, it was observed that the beneficial effects of the treatment kicked in earlier in the group of patients that underwent hypnosis. Moreover it was also observed that the first two groups, due to reduced pain could now decrease the dosage of the painkiller medications. Hence it was seen that the use of hypnosis in reducing the pain experienced in osteoarthritis was very effective. Such researches on hypnosis had led to an established conclusion that this alternate medicine is remarkably effective to treat many conditions and symptoms.
Hypnosis has been used by people to cure many conditions in the past and is seen widely used by the Egyptians, Greeks and many other civilizations. Even today we indulge ourselves in everyday forms of hypnosis by reading, driving, etc. Although Ben Franklin stated that Mesmer was not the cause of the cure that people were experiencing and it was only their imagination that was curing them, the importance of hypnosis cannot be denied and it is an established fact that alternate medical therapies have their own place and standing and are successful in providing appropriate benefits to those who are suffering from illnesses.
There have been numerous people who have received benefits from the use of hypnosis and there are some who have complained that stage hypnosis triggered schizophrenic symptoms in them (Justice Toulson's Judgment). However apart from stage hypnosis, there have not been any cases of mishaps and hypnotherapy is generally considered harmless. In cases of diagnosed schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, severe depression or personality disorders hypnosis should not be considered as an option and for these conventional medicine should be used to cure them (Editorial Team). Apart from these, hypnosis has proved itself to be highly useful in other conditions and people are widely undergoing hypnosis today. Many have been able to quit smoking and other addictions while many have dealt with the problem of being overweight. People have also benefited high self-esteem and confidence level that have changed them and made them successful in various fields of life.
Although hypnosis can be dangerous if practiced wrong, it should be practiced by the experts and it should be their moral duty not to take advantage of hypnosis for their personal or mischievous gains. It should be practiced strictly for beneficial purposes of the patients only.
1) History of Hypnosis - Available at http://hypnoticworld.com/facts/history_of_hypnosis.asp[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
2) G.M. Johnson - Hypnosis: A Brief History and Explanation. [Online website] Available at http://www.head-cleaners.com/hypnosis.htm[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
3) John Sderlund - Your tired, old ideas about hypnosis will begin to grow heavy. [Online website] Available at http://www.newtherapist.com/tired10.html[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
4) Methods of Hypnosis - Available at http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/02086/methods_of_hypnosis.htm[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
5) Tom Harris - How Hypnosis Works. [Online website] Available at http://science.howstuffworks.com/hypnosis5.htm[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
6) Roy Hunter - Official alt.hypnosis FAQ. [Online website] Available at http://www.hypnosis.com/trance/hypnofaq.html[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
7) Anonymous - Self-Hypnosis And Mental Imagery. [Online website] Available at http://mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/chap14/chap14w.htm[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
8) Arvind Mathur - Hypnotherapy - Does It Really Work? [Online website] Available at http://www.ezinearticles.com/?Hypnotherapy-Does-It-Really-Work?&id=62328[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
9) Anonymous - Hypnosis [Online website] Available at http://writerswiki.com/doku.php?id=h:hypnosis_2[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
10) Anonymous - What is Hypnotherapy? [Online website] Available at http://therapistunlimited.com/rehabs/Articles/Alternative+Therapy/What+is+Hypnotherapy%3F/[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
11) Reid J. Kelly, Sean F. Kelly - Book Title: Imagine Yourself Well: Better Health through Self-Hypnosis. Publisher: Insight Books (Current Publisher: Perseus Publishing). Place of Publication: New York. Publication Year: 1995. Page Number: 8.
12) T. Darlene Cheek - The Benefits of Hypnosis [Online website] Available at http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/hypnosis/105301[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
13) Bo Emerson - The Skinny on Hypnosis. [Online website] Available at http://www.realhypnosis.com/html/article_20040120_ajccom_The%20skinny%20on%20hypnosis.htm[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
14) Kate Murphy - There's Entrancing News about Hypnosis. [Online website] Available at http://www.realhypnosis.com/images/business-week1amain.htm[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
15) Anonymous - Hypnosis History. [Online website] Available at http://www.hypnosis-tapes.org/hypnosis-history.htm[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
16) Olafur S. Palsson - Clinical hypnosis: Something for you? [Online website] Available at http://www.ibshypnosis.com/hypnosisabout.html[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
17) Victoria - Cancer Treatment. [Online website] Available at http://www.hypnoticworld.com/case_histories/cancer_treatment.asp[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
18) Jeff Gazley - Schizophrenia. [Online website] Available at http://www.asktheinternettherapist.com/counselingarchive_schizophrenia.asp[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
19) Justice Toulson's Judgment - [Online website] Available at http://220.127.116.11/search?q=cache:_H2myWUBeQ0J:www.stuartashing.co.uk/assets/legislation/judgement.pdf+Hypnosis+for+schizophrenia&hl=en[Accessed on: 20/09/2005]
20) Editorial Team - Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy. [Online website] Available at http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/hypnosis.html[Accessed on: 20/09/2005][continue]
"Hypnosis It Is Unknown As" (2005, September 20) Retrieved October 21, 2016, from http://www.paperdue.com/essay/hypnosis-it-is-unknown-as-67315
"Hypnosis It Is Unknown As" 20 September 2005. Web.21 October. 2016. <http://www.paperdue.com/essay/hypnosis-it-is-unknown-as-67315>
"Hypnosis It Is Unknown As", 20 September 2005, Accessed.21 October. 2016, http://www.paperdue.com/essay/hypnosis-it-is-unknown-as-67315
Chapter 2: Review of Related Literature Chapter Introduction This chapter provides a review of the literature concerning hypnosis, Eastern Meditation, Chi Kung, and Nei Kung and how these methods are used to treat various ailments and improve physical and mental functioning. A summary of the review concludes the chapter. Hypnosis In his study, "Cognitive Hypnotherapy in the Management of Pain," Dowd (2001) reports that, "Several theories have been proposed to account for the effect of
Financial and Economic Impact of Worker's Compensation Regulations And Compliance The program and concept of Workers' Compensation might appear to be a product of a civilized society and the modern era, but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, Workers' Compensation has essentially been around for as long as people have been completing task for payment of some form of another, because people have always been getting hurt in
Count Dracula and Hanibal Lector Program Authorized to Offer Degree The Analysis of Count Dracula and Hanibal Lector Identities of Count Dracula and Hannibal Supernatural Powers Gender and Sexuality Blood-Drinking The relation between Dracula and his victims Hannibal Lecter Power Gender and Sexuality Criminal Mind of Hannibal: Justification of Diagnosis Hannibal's Relations with his Victims The Power of Horror Dracula Silence of the Lambs Count Dracula Van Helsing Lucy Mina Jonathan Hannibal Lecter Clarice Grumb Mischa Starling Vocabulary Deployment- the arms and equipment with which a military unit or military apparatus is supplied. Sentence: "I suggest that we
Mindful vs. traditional martial arts toward improved academic grades in children diagnosed with ADHD While medication and psychotherapy are the current best practice in treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), their benefits and aim are too peripheral and topical -- neither resolving the neurological origin of deficits. Moreover, many are opposed to these treatments and there are few substantiated and readily accepted alternatives. The consequences of ADHD have a ripple effect --
Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) is the name that the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders-IV-Text Revision (DSM-IV-TR) uses for the disorder previously known as Multiple Personality Disorder (American Psychiatric Association [APA], 2000). Dissociative disorders are a heterogeneous set of disorders described in the DSM-IV-TR that all involve some form of identity loss (APA, 2000). The concept of a personality describes, in fairly generalized terms, a sense of integration
Therefore, we may conclude that the speaker has some cognitive function from the structure of the speech, even if it is based on a very basic set of language rules (Samarin 1972 120). Three major linguistic traits emerged from other research into the subjec. Regardless of the geographic area, educational level, or age of the individual, glossolalia consists of: Verbal behavior that has a certain number of consanants and vowels. There seem
(Sotile & Kilmann, 1977) the only real exception to Sotile & Kilmann's assessmernt of scientific innacuracy and ineficiency was the now famed Masters and Johnson research which cooencided with a very effective treatment modality in a large sample and with reported success over a relatively short period of time, using a combiantion systematic desensatization and retraining regimen. (1977, pp. 626-627) McMulle & Rosen in Self-Administered Masturbation Training in the Treatment