The Corporation must have cross-boarder transactions. Which of the following would be classified as Cross-Boarder?
(a) a merger wherein at least two companies are governed by the laws of different member states
(b) the conversion into an SE of an existing company that for at least ONE year has had at least one subsidiary in another member state
(c) the formation of a parent company where each of at least two of the companies is governed by the laws of different member states.
(37) What is the minimum share capital required to convert to an SE?
(a) 120,000 Euros
(b) 200,000 Euros
(c) 300,000 Euros
(d) There is no capital requirement to convert to an SE
(38) the process of registration includes the following EXCEPT:
(a) Bank Accounts must be established after notarization of the Articles of Association
(b) Cash Contributions must be paid AFTER corporate registration
(c) Directors must sign the application in person
(d) All of the above are part of the registration process
(39) the Articles of Association must include the following:
(a) the type of shares issued
(b) the number of shares
(c) the nominal value
(d) the number of shareholders
(e) a and B. only
(f) B. only
(g) All of the above
(40) a German Stock Company can have three corporate bodies. Which of the following is not part of the three?
(a) Managing Director
(b) Supervisory Board
(c) Compliance Department
(d) Regulatory Liaison
(e) C. only
(f) C. And D. only
(41) the Managing Director must do which of the following?
(a) Ensure the company maintains proper accounting standards
(b) Ensure the company maintains the required capital
(c) Sign off on all audited financial statements
(d) Conduct shareholder meetings
(e) C. only
(f) D. only
(g) C. And D. Only
(42) the Supreme Legal Body within a Corporate is?
(a) Management Board
(b) Board of Directors
(c) Shareholder's Meeting
(d) Regulatory Liaison
(43) Which of the following is NOT a duty of the shareholder meeting?
(a) Approve Financial Statements
(b) Partition Shares
(c) Replace Management
(d) Granting of Power of Attorney
(44) How many members of the Supervisory Board are required?
(45) Under SE structure the corporation can have a one-tiered or two-tiered system. Under the two-tiered system the components are what?
(a) Management and Compliance
(b) Shareholders and Board of Directors
(c) Shareholders and Management
(d) Management and Supervisory
(46) Under Delaware Code a General Partnership passes 100% of the liability to the shareholders. Which form of liability under German law is similar?
(a) Liability before Registration
(b) Liability of Controlling Shareholders
(c) Abuse of Legal Form
(47) Which is not a key fact involved in locating a business in Delaware?
(a) a Company's owners have to be located in Delaware but the business need not be pursuant to Section101 Title 8
(b) Delaware has no regulation of the maximum interest rate banks can charge; therefore many banks locate there
(c) No state income tax on companies doing business in Delaware
(d) Changing Delaware Corporate Law is very difficult
(48) in Saudi Arabia what governs corporations?
(a) Sharia Law
(b) the Corporate Civil Code
(c) Edicts governing compliance
(d) Companies Regulation
(49) Under Islamic Law how do partnerships within corporations differ from more traditional formulations?
(a) They don't
(b) Payment must be pledged to each partner prior to corporate formation
(c) Personal relationships between parties to the corporation are required
(d) Corporations are an un-natural form of business organization under Islamic Law
(50) Which legal theories, according to Kurayten, have influenced the Companies Regulation?
(a) Roman Code
(c) Shi'ite Law
(d) French Law
(e) Shariha Law and French Law
(51) What is a major problem with Islamic Law and Corporations?
(a) Islamic Law does not recognize business contracts
(b) Islamic Law does not recognize all business partnerships
(c) Islamic Law does not recognize the existence of a corporate body as a separate legal person or entity
(d) None of the Above
(52) in the People's Republic of China what is the body of law that governs Corporations?
(a) Corporate Code 2008
(b) Contractual Precedent 2010
(c) Company Law 2006
(d) Contractual Civil Code 2010
(53) Which of the following is a type of company created under Chinese Law?
(a) Limited Partnerships
(b) Limited Liability Partnerships
(c) Limited Liability Company
(d) Limited Liability Limited Partnership
(54) What is the basic rule that court's will use in a contract dispute?
(a) Reasonable Person Standard
(b) Elements of the Breach of Contract
(c) Apply the "Proper Law of the Contract" Standard
(d) Courts will utilize the "Dismal Swamp" model of analysis
(55) Which is an example of a clause that conveys a parties intent?
(a) the Contract is made pursuant to the laws of Country XXX and any disputes shall be resolved as such
(b) the Parties Assent to be given to the laws of whatever state the dispute arises
(c) the parties want the contract to be resolved under the laws of XXX
(d) None of the Above
(e) All of the Above
(56) if no intention is stated the courts will?
(a) Dismiss with Prejudice
(b) Dismiss without Prejudice
(c) Null and Void the Disputed Provisions
(d) Infer the Intent based on the facts
(57) a court will dismiss the choice of law clause if the choice was made with intent to inconvenience or disrupt. Consider the following; an English Shipping Company and a Company in Kuwait have a contract dispute. The contract is in English, uses English legal terminology and states that disputes are to be resolved in London. Would the court…