Note: Sample below may appear distorted but all corresponding word document files contain proper formattingExcerpt from essay:
The Corporation must have cross-boarder transactions. Which of the following would be classified as Cross-Boarder?
(a) a merger wherein at least two companies are governed by the laws of different member states
(b) the conversion into an SE of an existing company that for at least ONE year has had at least one subsidiary in another member state
(c) the formation of a parent company where each of at least two of the companies is governed by the laws of different member states.
(37) What is the minimum share capital required to convert to an SE?
(a) 120,000 Euros
(b) 200,000 Euros
(c) 300,000 Euros
(d) There is no capital requirement to convert to an SE
(38) the process of registration includes the following EXCEPT:
(a) Bank Accounts must be established after notarization of the Articles of Association
(b) Cash Contributions must be paid AFTER corporate registration
(c) Directors must sign the application in person
(d) All of the above are part of the registration process
(39) the Articles of Association must include the following:
(a) the type of shares issued
(b) the number of shares
(c) the nominal value
(d) the number of shareholders
(e) a and B. only
(f) B. only
(g) All of the above
(40) a German Stock Company can have three corporate bodies. Which of the following is not part of the three?
(a) Managing Director
(b) Supervisory Board
(c) Compliance Department
(d) Regulatory Liaison
(e) C. only
(f) C. And D. only
(41) the Managing Director must do which of the following?
(a) Ensure the company maintains proper accounting standards
(b) Ensure the company maintains the required capital
(c) Sign off on all audited financial statements
(d) Conduct shareholder meetings
(e) C. only
(f) D. only
(g) C. And D. Only
(42) the Supreme Legal Body within a Corporate is?
(a) Management Board
(b) Board of Directors
(c) Shareholder's Meeting
(d) Regulatory Liaison
(43) Which of the following is NOT a duty of the shareholder meeting?
(a) Approve Financial Statements
(b) Partition Shares
(c) Replace Management
(d) Granting of Power of Attorney
(44) How many members of the Supervisory Board are required?
(45) Under SE structure the corporation can have a one-tiered or two-tiered system. Under the two-tiered system the components are what?
(a) Management and Compliance
(b) Shareholders and Board of Directors
(c) Shareholders and Management
(d) Management and Supervisory
(46) Under Delaware Code a General Partnership passes 100% of the liability to the shareholders. Which form of liability under German law is similar?
(a) Liability before Registration
(b) Liability of Controlling Shareholders
(c) Abuse of Legal Form
(47) Which is not a key fact involved in locating a business in Delaware?
(a) a Company's owners have to be located in Delaware but the business need not be pursuant to Section101 Title 8
(b) Delaware has no regulation of the maximum interest rate banks can charge; therefore many banks locate there
(c) No state income tax on companies doing business in Delaware
(d) Changing Delaware Corporate Law is very difficult
(48) in Saudi Arabia what governs corporations?
(a) Sharia Law
(b) the Corporate Civil Code
(c) Edicts governing compliance
(d) Companies Regulation
(49) Under Islamic Law how do partnerships within corporations differ from more traditional formulations?
(a) They don't
(b) Payment must be pledged to each partner prior to corporate formation
(c) Personal relationships between parties to the corporation are required
(d) Corporations are an un-natural form of business organization under Islamic Law
(50) Which legal theories, according to Kurayten, have influenced the Companies Regulation?
(a) Roman Code
(c) Shi'ite Law
(d) French Law
(e) Shariha Law and French Law
(51) What is a major problem with Islamic Law and Corporations?
(a) Islamic Law does not recognize business contracts
(b) Islamic Law does not recognize all business partnerships
(c) Islamic Law does not recognize the existence of a corporate body as a separate legal person or entity
(d) None of the Above
(52) in the People's Republic of China what is the body of law that governs Corporations?
(a) Corporate Code 2008
(b) Contractual Precedent 2010
(c) Company Law 2006
(d) Contractual Civil Code 2010
(53) Which of the following is a type of company created under Chinese Law?
(a) Limited Partnerships
(b) Limited Liability Partnerships
(c) Limited Liability Company
(d) Limited Liability Limited Partnership
(54) What is the basic rule that court's will use in a contract dispute?
(a) Reasonable Person Standard
(b) Elements of the Breach of Contract
(c) Apply the "Proper Law of the Contract" Standard
(d) Courts will utilize the "Dismal Swamp" model of analysis
(55) Which is an example of a clause that conveys a parties intent?
(a) the Contract is made pursuant to the laws of Country XXX and any disputes shall be resolved as such
(b) the Parties Assent to be given to the laws of whatever state the dispute arises
(c) the parties want the contract to be resolved under the laws of XXX
(d) None of the Above
(e) All of the Above
(56) if no intention is stated the courts will?
(a) Dismiss with Prejudice
(b) Dismiss without Prejudice
(c) Null and Void the Disputed Provisions
(d) Infer the Intent based on the facts
(57) a court will dismiss the choice of law clause if the choice was made with intent to inconvenience or disrupt. Consider the following; an English Shipping Company and a Company in Kuwait have a contract dispute. The contract is in English, uses English legal terminology and states that disputes are to be resolved in London. Would the court…[continue]
"Legislation B Roman Code C " (2010, December 30) Retrieved December 11, 2016, from http://www.paperdue.com/essay/legislation-b-roman-code-c-5615
"Legislation B Roman Code C " 30 December 2010. Web.11 December. 2016. <http://www.paperdue.com/essay/legislation-b-roman-code-c-5615>
"Legislation B Roman Code C ", 30 December 2010, Accessed.11 December. 2016, http://www.paperdue.com/essay/legislation-b-roman-code-c-5615
E. The voices who argue that America should and could be an imperial superpower, but lacks sound practical judgment. The thesis of this paper is that the history of the Roman Empire can be matched to that of the United States in terms of economy, political power, as well as aspirations. In this sense, present day America is very similar to fourth of even fifth century Rome; this poses one stringent
Rome One could be important in Roman society either by doing something great, or simply by being born into high status. In other words, Romans valued both accomplishment and privilege. Which of these two do you think was more prominent in Roman society? Argue for one over against the other. Your argument must incorporate an analysis of two things: a specific historical event or institution, and the point-of-view of a Roman
law in England are: common law, statute law, subordinate legislation, custom, and European community law. Common law: This is the cannon of law applying to the general swathes of law that are decided by the judges and adapted to changing times. Judges make its rules over the years that have relied on precedents of other cases and adapted preceding rulings to suit the circumstances of the present instance. Each new
4. If Enron shareholders had been fully aware of the LJM partnership agreement, do you believe they would have been willing to continue investing in Enron? LJM was created by Fastow allegedly to buy poorly performing Enron assets, but in reality to hide debt and inflate profits of Enron in order to leverage its stock price. It is almost certain that Enron shareholders would have ceased to continue investing in Enron
Catholic church and public policy have remarked that the members of American clergy in general, without even excepting those who do not admit religious liberty, are all in favour of civil freedom; but they do not support any particular political system. They keep aloof from parties, and from public affairs. In the United States religion exercises but little influence upon laws, and upon the details of public opinion; but it
Roman Law Concerning the Jews Time Period: Circa early 300s AD Location: Roman Empire, Mediterranean Era, Realm of Constantine Constantine was Roman Emperor from 306 to 337 AD. As a reformer, he enacted a number of laws to restructure the empire and solidify power. He was the first Christian Emperor and moved his residence to Byzantium/Constantinople. His Edict of Milan degreed religious tolerance throughout the Roman Empire, but also a number of laws
Almost a third of the government's total revenue emanate from indirect taxes, mainly from value-added taxes (Brand South Africa, Niekerk). 3. privatization -- this process was viewed to create a robust flow of business opportunities in the next many years at a range of 100-150 billion South African Rands (PGI 2012). This is equivalent to U.S.$12-20 billion. There will be estimated and sustained business acquisition opportunities in agribusiness, agriculture and